If you or someone you know in B.C. needs help, call one of the numbers below:
• 911 if you are in an emergency.
• 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) if you are considering suicide or are concerned about someone who may be.
• 310 Mental Health Support at 310-6789 (no area code needed) for emotional support, information and resources specific to mental health.
• Kid’s Help Phone at 1-800-668-6868 to speak to a professional counsellor, 24 hours a day.
• Alcohol & Drug Information and Referral Service at 1-800-663-1441 (toll-free in B.C.) or 604-660-9382 (in the Lower Mainland) to find resources and support.
— Healthlink B.C.
Canadian Suicide Prevention
Toll Free: 1-800-668-6868
CMHA Kelowna – Supporting a Mentally Healthy Kelowna
Personalized, live coaching over text message for teens who want to talk, judgment free.
Interior Health Authority – Every person matters
Canada Wide Mental Health Resouces
Where to get help:
Canada Suicide Prevention Service: 1-833-456-4566 (phone) | 45645 (text) | http://www.crisisservicescanada.ca/ (chat)
In Quebec (French): Association québécoise de prévention du suicide: 1-866-APPELLE (1-866-277-3553)
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (phone), Live Chat counselling at www.kidshelpphone.ca
Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention: Find a 24-hour crisis centre